Shadow over Basingsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all)

2 posters

Go down

Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all)

Post  Dani Fenton Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Danielle Fenton was bored. Extremely bored. And anyone who's raised a kid can tell you, bored kids equal trouble. She was glad to find Valerie and Danny here, even if they apparently hadn't known her yet, but they were very busy with...one another, which meant Dani was by herself, and bored out of her skull. Everyone else here, besides Robin and Sophia and that one drunk guy, had no face. Or was a shadow. Creepy, creepy stuff...

Dani was walking around in human form when she saw it. A library! "Maybe it has comics inside!" Dani ran in immediately.
Dani Fenton
Dani Fenton

Character sheet
Level: 1
Health:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue100/100Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
AP:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue50/50Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty Re: Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all)

Post  Death of the Endless Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 pm

A woman was picking up a few books, shaking off the dust. For lack of a better thing to do, she had taken to cleaning up the mess that was the library. "Oh, hey kiddo." She called.

She had never had the time to be bored. Now she did. She put a pile on the cart she'd commandeered. "This place deserves more love. How are you getting along so far?"
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless
Admin

Character sheet
Level: ????
Health:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)
AP:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue50000/50000Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

Back to top Go down

Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty Re: Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all)

Post  Dani Fenton Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Danielle was expecting to find a librarian or something here, not the woman who was apparently 'Death'. She had only met her once, inside the bar, but she smiled at her nonetheless.

"Hey! Watcha doin'?" She asked curiously, before shrugging. "I'm getting along pretty good, I'm staying with Valerie and Danny in Val's apartment." She looked around the library, with all of its dust and overturned books and nodded. "Yeah...what happened here? And uh...do you know if there's any comics around here?"
Dani Fenton
Dani Fenton

Character sheet
Health:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue100/100Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
AP:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue50/50Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of the Endless Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 am

"Yeah...what happened here? And uh...do you know if there's any comics around here?"

"I'm not actually sure. It was like this when I got here." She explained, dusting off her hands.

She thought a moment. "Comics. Ah, I've found a few." She smiled at the young clone and stepped forward. "This way-I found a few, not too many but I think you'll like these."

She led their way through the dusty stacks, a number of books on the tables, stacked up. She'd been at this a while. She found a table with only a relatively few books and pulled out a single book-an anthology? "This is a fun one." She dusted it off. "-maybe a little sad, too."
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)
AP:
Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Left_bar_bleue50000/50000Let's all go to the Library! (Open to all) Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Fenton Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 pm

So Death found the library like this? Dani furrowed her little brows a bit. Who in the heck would destroy a library? Unless it became like this because of whatever caused people to have no faces and stuff...she shivered a bit. An eerie place, this was.

Dani beamed happily as Death told her she had found a few comics, and proceeded to lead the way to them. She pulled one out and Dani turned her head to read the cover. "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck?" Danielle, through being from a different dimension with movies and shows that were an Ersatz version of the real thing, and also not exactly having a 'conventional' childhood, had never heard of this Scrooge McDuck, so her curiosity was peaked.

"Fun and sad? Why?"
Dani Fenton
Dani Fenton

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of the Endless Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am

Death leaned against the table. "Well, it tracks a young boy from the age of ten to much later. He starts out very humbly, earning his first dime as a shoe-shiner. This is worthless to him, living in Scotland. He has a great deal of adventures-falling in love, even. He gains and loses wealth a number of times, betrayed and then he finds his great riches. One day, he crosses a line-one that costs him his family. He lives alone, for many years. He doesn't get the girl he loves, he never has children and only money for comfort.

"-too bad money is cold. However... he does meet three great nephews, young boys who find out that the stories that are told to him about his younger days are all true. They decide to get close to him, seeing how unhappy he is and he comes out of retirement."

She smiled. "It's a very nice read."
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Fenton Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Dani listened eagerly and curiously as Death described the comic to her. From just the summary alone, it sounded to be quite a long story, but Dani didn't mind. She wanted something to do didn't she? Now she did.

She couldn't help but be reminded of Vlad a bit...just replace money with 'Dreams of having Danny's mom as a wife and Danny for a son'. She really did feel bad for Vlad. He must have been very lonely to have cloned her and the others. But he alienated himself, and he didn't really care for them. All he cared about was Danny and his mom. And he didn't even care enough about them to respect that they weren't his.

"It sounds very nice, although why is he a duck?" Seriously, a duck, what? She turned back to Death, tilting her head a bit. "Do you like this place? Is that why you're the only one here cleaning it up?"
Dani Fenton
Dani Fenton

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of the Endless Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 am

Death thought about that. "Why a duck? Well, this is from Disney, whose serial cartoons were known for animal people. These stories first came from the 1940's-a man took the things that were just hinted at and made it a consistent backstory. The animal they were gave hints to their personality. Ducks are seen as a bit prickly, I suppose."

She considered her other questions. "I suppose I like this place because it reminds me of my little brother, Destiny. He's chained to a book, he's blind yet he can still wander his garden and read his book. He'd be the last of my siblings that I'd see. Now I can't call them-I'm cut off. We've never been cut off since each of us came to be. Only three times has something bad happened-once to Despair, once to Delirium and once to Dream."
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Fenton Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Dani blinked. 1940s? Wow.. "That's old." This seemed very interesting now though! She held it closely, grinning.

She looked back up as Death answered her second question. "He can read even though he's blind?" She blinked and listened more. Cut off? "Are you cut off because you're here? And how many siblings do you have?" Death, Destiny, Despair, Delirium, and Dream. She remembered Death mentioning some before. Destiny was like Clockwork, and Dream was like Nocturne...who else did they fit with?
Dani Fenton
Dani Fenton

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Death of the Endless Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:24 pm

"I am the oldest. My brother Dream followed me soon after. Destruction, Desire, Despair, Destiny and the youngest, who was first Delight and later Delirium after bad things happened to her. Destruction said... that she might change again, but to what, I don't know. We could talk or call one another through our symbols-an ankh is mine." Death rubbed her head. "All Destiny sees is whatever is in his book. It's a part of him. Do you have siblings?"
Death of the Endless
Death of the Endless
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
AP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down